Babies and toddlers put everything in their mouths so this quick and easy recipe is great for when you need an activity to occupy the little ones outdoors or even in the bathtub!
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup flour
2 cups water
5-6 glass jars (I reused baby food jars)
- In a small saucepan, mix sugar and flour.
- Gradually whisk in water.
- Turn heat on low and keep whisking until mixture becomes thick and, gooey. This should take about 5-10 minutes, no need to boil.
- Divide into jars.
- Add a few drops of food colouring in each and mix. I used the handle of a spoon.
- Leave to completely cool and let the little tike have fun!
We set up our 'art centre' in the back patio with old towels on the ground in anticipation of the mess but the bathtub would have been great too as you could just wash the bub off right away and extend the 'art' session!
Enjoy! Ta ra~